If you’ve recently updated your Mac to OS X Mountain Lion, let us help you discover some its new features. iMessage makes it extremely easy to stay connected with the people around the world through your iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac.
The best part is iMessage in OS X Mountain Lion allows you to start your conversations on your Mac computer right where you left off on your other Apple device. It is absolutely free and it will work if you have iMessage activated on your iOS or OS X devices. As it is instant messaging service, it is also a really fast mode of communication. But, here we want to make it clear that there is no windows version available yet for iMessage.
Setting up iMessage in Mac OS X Mountain Lion:
If you already don’t have an Apple ID, create one for yourself. And if you logged into your iCloud account while you installed OS X Mountain Lion in your Mac, you are most likely already logged in and good to go without signing in again. In case, you’re not already signed in and need to do it manually, you can do that just by following these easy steps:
- 1. If you’re not already signed into iMessage with an Apple ID, you will be asked to do so upon its first launch. Fill in your Apple ID and password.
- 2. Firstly, open your iMessage in your dock at the bottom of your screen. You’ll be able to easily identify the icon as it consists of white & blue chat bubbles.
- 3. Then just click on submit. Congrats! You’re ready to use iMessage now.
Is iMessage online possible?
Yes, you can access iMessage online easily following simple tips and tricks.
Sending an iMessage on your Mac:
- Type the name of the person that you would like to iMessage. You will observe that some of the contacts have blue bubbles next to them and others don’t. You can only send iMessages to the contacts with blue bubbles because only they are Apple users with iMessage enabled in their device.
- Launch iMessage from your dock. The icon has blue & white chat bubbles.
- Next just click on the ‘new message’ button to the right of the search bar.
- Go on to select the person you would like to send a iMessage to, just type in your message and click ‘send’.